Updates: New Comp Team!
Red SailAdmin · 5th Aug 2015
Tonight's Wobbly Wednesday!
Red SailAdmin · 29th Jul 2015
3/24 Line Up
Forum » Beer » Weekly Line Up
Red SailAdmin 24th Mar 2014

Likes 98

A few of your suggestions in here! Vote for your favorite!

Samuel Adams Octoberfest:0
Miller Fortune:0
Pabst Blue Ribbon:1
Schlitz:1
Shiner White Wing:3

Voting ends Sunday 11:59pm  

Post your favorite beers below for the next line up  

Signature Picture

This guy is site admin. Come to me with any comments/questions/bribes.

Last Edit: 30th Mar 2014 by Red Sail
BountyHunter88 26th Mar 2014

Likes 8

No offense to the people who suggested these, but a lot of them are rather pedestrian (I admit, I'm a bit of a beer hipster/snob. Shoot me. In MWO. Once in the leg, as long as I'm not in a light. I won't blame you). Sam Adams is respectable, but there are more interesting beers. Miller? Really? How adventurous. PBR is ok if you're just having a beer to have a beer. Better than Miller anyway. Or Coors or Bud for that matter. Schlitz falls in the same category. Shiner's pretty good. They aren't quite craft beer status, but they make alright brews.

What kind of selection do you have at your local liquor store(s)? I'd recommend investigating beeradvocate.com and ratebeer.com. Both are right on in terms of telling you what the real quality beers are. Neither has let me down yet. Both even have apps that give you information about whatever beer you might be interested in trying from your phone. I've already given a half dozen of suggestions, so I won't list any specific brews here right now, but I'd suggest investigating the world of craft brews. Every beer can be an adventure, a new experience. You'll never know what you really like until you branch out from the major brewing companies.

I guess I'll mention one really interesting one. The Flying Dog Oyster Stout. Trust me here. Sounds worse than your dog's butthole, but it's like magic sprinkles on a beer fairy's vagina. Wonderful beer. Give it a go. You'll never be the same.

“I don't have a drinking problem 'cept when I can't get a drink.” -Tom Waits

Last Edit: 26th Mar 2014 by BountyHunter88
Red SailAdmin 26th Mar 2014

Likes 98

QuoteSounds worse than your dog's butthole, but it's like magic sprinkles on a beer fairy's vagina. Wonderful beer. Give it a go. You'll never be the same.
lol Good enough for me! 

But let's not get too hasty, while you and I may have a taste for refined craft beers, (And probably more so you since I am just recently extending myself into that type of brew), These are still good beers. October fest is near the top of  GreatBrewers.com list of top 50 beers. And I've heard good things. I actually rather liked White Wing. While no it isn't a darker ale or anything, it has a smooth taste with some zest, so I wouldn't count it out. 

Plus, I don't want to put a bunch of beers on the poll that no one has tried yet. So I try to pick from popular ones that I know everyone has tried.

But I would love to get your list of craft beers to try. I'm trying to make a list of beers I want to try each month so maybe you could start a post of good craft beers! 

But yea, post some new candidates for the poll you think should be on there!

Signature Picture

This guy is site admin. Come to me with any comments/questions/bribes.

Last Edit: 26th Mar 2014 by Red Sail
Forum » Beer » Weekly Line Up
Please login or register to reply.
Twitch
BeerWarriors Offline
Game: MechWarrior Online
NGNGtv Offline
Game: MechWarrior Online
NakedTeets Offline
Game: Star Wars Battlefront
Shivaxi Offline
Game: Helldivers
Donate Here!

Donate

Recent Donations
nerfgun
$5.00 USD
6th Aug 2015
sc68calWingman
$6.00 USD
2nd Jul 2015
sc68calWingman
$6.00 USD
2nd Jul 2015
sc68calWingman
$6.00 USD
2nd Jul 2015
sc68calWingman
$6.00 USD
1st Jul 2015
Next »
Reddit Feed
<script src="http://www.reddit.com/r/o ... bgcolor=000000" type="text/javascript"></script>